Project: Micro-Aerodynamic Lens (µADL) Array Aerosol Concentrator
Overview of R&D project for the Defense Threat Reduction Agency:
- Develop rugged, reliable, high-performance aerosol concentrators
- Achieve flow rates up to 1000 lpm
- Achieve concentration factors > 1000:1
- Develop interfaces to bio-agent trigger detectors
Benefits of this technology include:
- Reduction of response time and detection limits of existing and emerging bio-aerosol detectors
- Reduction of bio-aerosol detector power consumption, size, weight and cost
Applications of this technology include:
- Chemical and biological agent detection (military and civilian security applications)
- Environmental (atmospheric pollution) monitoring
- Industrial compliance monitoring
- Industrial process monitoring and control
- Personal exposure monitoring
- Aerosolized materials processing
- Biomedical: respiratory disease diagnosis, health care facility air monitoring
Click here for a PDF datasheet about our advanced aerosol sampling, concentration and delivery tools that enable significantly higher flow rates and concentrated particle collection.
Click here for a PDF datasheet about our stainless steel Aerodynamic Lens and titanium Aerodynamic Lens with ultrasonic cleaning components.
Click here for a PDF datasheet about our plastic injection-molded Aerodynamic Lens.
For more information about our research and development activities and partnership opportunities,
please contact us at [email protected]