The key to achieving the greatest accuracy and efficiency of your boiler cleaning operations is to improve the quality of your inputs. Whether your controls are sequenced, timed or managed by your intelligent soot blowing system (ISB), the Enertechnix Slag Indexing™ Monitoring System provides an innovative and vital input to your controls.
- Provides a tangible metric that does not require human interpretation.
- Measures sootblower effectiveness
- Calculate mass of clinkers to determine when/if to bring in online removal contractor
- Can prevent large clinker fall resulting in damage to slope tubes
- Day to night shift turnover tool. Helps to understand the current state
of the furnace
- Effectiveness of slag prevention chemicals, both quantity and location.
- Slag Index values can be connected to DCS with alarm settings for ramp rate and absolute value
- Helps to quantify the best “blend partners” for the various coals burned
- Understanding of tube failure mechanisms from under-deposit corrosion, flyash erosion from high velocity flue gas channeling around clinkers
More Information on how this technology can benefit you can be found here.
The software achieves these benefits calculating a real-time “Slag Ratio.” This precisely quantifies slag buildup in a given boiler view, and a full dashboard of live-feed information gives you an immediate view of boiler conditions and important historical data. Slag Indexing delivers real-time views of slag conditions in your critical boiler areas. From tube walls, to pendants and the superheater entrance, Slag Indexing determines the ratio of a clean condition to a slagged condition. This condition ratio is then sent as an independent or added signal to the boiler cleaning controls to enable more effective cleaning of your boiler areas